Discover basic attacks and special moves of Banjo and Kazooie in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
The introduction of these guys in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate made lots of players overexcited. Now, Banjo & Kazooie are proper members of the SSBU roster, so we can take a look at their fighting power in this guide. You’ll discover how to play with Banjo Kazooie Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
Beginners in this awesome fighting game may be interested in another very helpful post on DashFight - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Beginner's Guide.
Banjo & Kazooie in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - introduction
Who are Banjo and Kazooie?
Let’s start with a gaming story! After all, it is one of the main features of the Super Smash Bros. series - each character has an amazing background. So, where did Banjo-Kazooie come from?
Banjo is a bear, and Kazooie is a bird on his shoulder. They are brave adventurers (of course), who are always ready to fight evil. They did so in three original games:
- Banjo-Kazooie - The first-ever mission for these guys. They fought against the witch Gruntilda and her awful plans to steal the beauty of Tooty, the young sister of Banjo. The game was released for Nintendo 64 in 1998.
- Banjo-Tooie - Gruntilda returns to life thanks to the help of her sisters. But she is a skeleton now and plans to suck the life energy from lots of innocent creatures. Banjo and Kazooie are here again to save everyone! Gamers got this game in 2000 for Nintendo 64.
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - the head of Gruntilda returns to Spiral Mountain, the home region of Banjo-Kazooie. She seeks revenge, but the Lord of Games decides to stop this conflict. He gives a new body to Gruntilda and organizes a competition for her and the heroes. The winner will be a ruler for that land. For the first time, a Banjo-Kazooie was released for a non-Nintendo console - for Xbox 360 in 2008.
All these games with Banjo and Kazooie are adventure platformers (like most games with Sonic). Players explore colorful worlds, collect items, and solve puzzles. It is really a very good series, worth giving it a shot. They all are playable on the Xbox One consoles (and on Xbox Series X, of course).
Banjo and Kazooie have been available in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate since September 2019. You can have them as part of the Fighter's Pass DLC or separately (the same as Joker).
The bear and the bird enter the game with their stage, Spiral Mountain, and with lots of soundtracks. It is super interesting to hear about this fighter from the game creator himself.
Mr. Sakurai presents all the Banjo Kazooie moves:
Banjo Kazooie moves in SSBU
Many moves of Banjo Smash Ultimate have been taken from the original games, so fans of the series can easily recognize the animation and feel like here are exactly those bear and bird. This is true not only for the Banjo Kazooie moveset but also for their taunts.
Many Super Smash players love Banjo-Kazooie for simplicity in controlling and effectiveness of their attacks. This fighter can be easily recommended for beginners in the game.
Banjo is rather heavy and can stand on the platforms for quite a long time. If you choose him you can be sure in a good dash - Kazooie runs very quickly. Banjo is quite good at jumping! He can perform two double jumps but not to reach far (he is a heavy bear after all) but to turn around, for example.
It is hard to understand whether these guys are one fighter or two. Of course, they act as one in game matches. But Kazooie is not connected to Banjo, so it’s a separate creature. Still, the bird has much more personality in the game than, for example, tigers in fights of Kazumi Mishima in Tekken 7.
Banjo-Kazooie Smash Moveset
The normal attacks of this hero are easy-to-use. Still, it would be better to practice them in the Training Mode.
So, here is Banjo-Kazooie Smash Bros. moveset:
- Neutral Attack - Claw Swipe
- Down Tilt Attack - Beak Barge
- Jab Flurry Attack - Rat-a-tat Rap
- Dash Attack - Forward Roll
Special Banjo Moveset:
- Neutral Special - Egg Firing. Bango throws an egg. If you want to shoot many eggs, hold down the B button to activate Breegull Blaster - the bear takes the bird as a gun and they can move around the platform in this position.
- Side Special - Wonder Wing. This is a very powerful invincible attack. You can activate it only a limited number of times, so pay attention to golden leaves above Banjo’s head.
- Up Special - Shock Spring Jump. It’s a very good recovery move because Banjo can jump in mid-air even after using the Up Special.
- Down Special - Rear Egg. Banjo throws a grenade egg. It attacks opponents behind your fighter and bounces a few times before exploding. This is an effective but tricky attack in Banjo Kazooie moveset Smash. Opponents can take the egg and throw it at Banjo. And the bear can do the same - but both risk getting the bomb exploded in their hands.
Banjo-Kazooie final Smash:
Mighty Jinjonator - In the original game, Banjo and Kazooie attacked the evil witch Gruntilda with this move. A statue appears in front of the opponent. It turns into Jinjos, and these game creatures hit the victim with an amazing power - thus Banjo final smash knocks them off the platform.
Regardless of how simple and effective Banjo and Kazooie may seem, it is much better to take the training in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate seriously. Each character will demonstrate their full power only after a decent practice. So, take your time to learn how to play with Banjo-Kazooie - remember, practice makes perfect in any fighting game (in Street Fighter V too).
For other helpful SSBU guides and interesting news, stay tuned to DashFight on Facebook and Twitter! Join our Discord community!