In August 2020, sales of the Nintendo Switch game console set a record. For a month in the United States, these devices were sold for $ 229 million. It is reported by the NPD Group (Mat Piscatella), which tracks monthly US hardware and software revenues.
This result is 37% higher than in 2019. Also, august's Nintendo Switch result broke the Wii's 2008 previous sales record.
Note that Nintendo managed to achieve such an indicator even despite the absence of high-profile releases of new games. Thus, the upward trend in popularity of the hybrid console continues.
NPD top 20
- Madden NFL 21
- UFC 4
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Ring Fit Adventure
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Paper Mario: The Origami King
- Mortal Kombat 11
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- The Last of Us Part 2
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- PGA Tour 2K21
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Super Mario Party
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Luigi’s Mansion 3