On Tuesday, January 26, the developers of Mortal Kombat 11 officially presented a list of changes in some characters' balance. This happened shortly after a scandal at one of the tournaments, during which the esportsman changed his nickname in protest against Sheeva's uncontrollable ability.
So, after one of the matches, Titaniumtigerzz decided to change his nickname to WhyDidNRSDoThis. He explained such a nickname choice because he was angry about Sheeva having the unblockable ability called the Dragon Drop, a teleport stomp.
The developers released this data shortly after the scandal and changed this ability. It has been slowed down, and players now have more time to step back and defend themselves.
Below we publish a list of other changes in the balance of characters from this update.
General Gameplay Adjustments
- Move list corrections
- Fixed minor issues with several augments
- Fixed minor visual & audio issues with several Brutalities
Character Specific Adjustments
- D’Vorah - The number of Wasps currently affecting an opponent will no longer sometimes be reset if Strepsiptera connects while an opponent is in the hit reaction to Swarm
- Kano - The first hit of Snake Bite now has 1 more active frame and the second hit has 1 less startup frame
- Kano - The hit reaction to Figjam Amplified (Back Punch, Back Punch, Front Kick, Amplify) will no longer sometimes use the incorrect blood color against some opponents
- Kotal Kahn - Now has 1050 health (down from 1100)
- Kotal Kahn - Fixed issue with Eztli Totem providing higher than intended healing when stacked with other Totem types
- Kotal Kahn - Chicahtoc & Eztli Totems no longer have Kustom Variation restrictions in Competitive modes
- Kotal Kahn - The first hit of Yeyecame Disk Amplify now has slightly farther reach and the projectile now has 10 fewer frames of hit advantage
- Kung Lao - Sweeping Razor (Away + Back kick) while having no Hat now properly triggers Krushing Blow reset conditions
- Shao Kahn - Now has 1100 health (up from 1050)
- RoboCop - Now has 1050 health (up from 1000)
- RoboCop - Adjusted the hit region of Getup/Flawless Block Attack (Up + Back Punch)
- Sheeva - Dragon Drop is now off-screen for 2 more frames before her drop attack begins
- Sheeva - Dragon Stance now has 2 more startup frames
- Mileena - Poisonous Butterfly (Towards + Back Kick) now has airborne frames when Mileena is off the ground
- Mileena - The hit reactions to Kahnum Dash Amplify, Kahnum Dash Further Amplify, & Ridin' Dirty (Front Punch, Front Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) now have airborne frames when Mileena is off the ground
- Mileena - Fixed a rare issue where Play Time (Towards + Front Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick) could leave a lingering visual effect on certain costumes
- Rambo - Slightly adjusted the hit regions & repel regions of Basic Training (Away + Front Punch)
- Rambo - Lieutenant Drop (Towards + Back Kick) now has airborne frames when Rambo is off the ground
- Rambo - Hidden M60 & Hidden M60 Amplify will no longer sometimes use an incorrect animation when Rambo is hit by Kronika's Reverse Time