Knowing is half the battle, but when you have a roster of the size of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, it can be quite the task to get all the information you need to get a nice grasp on the game and play to your potential. Professional players often take years to practice and perfect their skills, and they are just as human as you! To get started then, it is highly recommended that you pick up a character you feel comfortable in after a few hours of play and then start to examine their moves, get into the weeds and see what foundational blocks make up that character.
That is exactly what you will get o see here. At DashFight, we want you to be able to take that first step with confidence and see what a character can provide you in a competitive setting, where the margins are literally individual frames in motion. We partnered up with Martins "MagicTea" Krauklis to get you up to speed with Baraka's complex characteristics.
Baraka's Best Buttons
The Best Buttons are the key moves for the character. You are likely to want to use or see these in play as players or opponents since they offer the best neutral, anti-air, pressure value, or some other benefit.
- D1 - Quick low poke with ok reach.
- D3 - Another Quick low poke but it also low profiles Baraka.
- D4 - Slowpoke, but great reach, frames, and low profiling.
- DF1 - From a variation, added pokes with good reach.
- DF3 - From a variation, added pokes with good reach.
- B4 - Long-range sweep with good frames.
- F4 - Fastest mid with good advancing and good recovery.
- B2 - Longest attack range and overhead.
- B3 - Fastest low starter and stagger tool.
- D2 - Uppercut, great anti-air.
- 1 - Anti-Air
- DB3 - From a variation, great anti-air, be wanted. It is only 90 degrees forward.
- Throws - They have crushing blows on failed escapes, brutal damage.
Baraka's Best Variations
Since players can now use their custom Variations in tournament settings, there is no excuse not to learn what goes well together. So here is Baraka's MagicTea variation specials ranking:
- Gutted (BF4)
- Blood Lunge (BF2)
- Leg Kabob (BF4)
- Straight Shank (DF1)
- Low Shank (DF3)
- Sinister Shank (D1)
- Spine Burst (DB3)
- Blade Charge (BF2)
Gone are the days of smashing buttons and spamming that one combo we learned five years ago. Instead, if you want to compete or impress your mates, you have to go into each match with a Gameplan to carry through to victory. Here are your key principles:
- You have a good projectile available in any variation of the character. Use it to control the space.
- You have good tools in the air which are hard to anti-air.
- Quite a few of your strings are safe on block, there are gaps, but they require your opponent to be well aware of them.
Baraka's Best Strings
No one wins on the back of single punches. Having a memorized list of the Best Strings you can use and change throughout the match will vastly improve your chances of coming out ahead.
- 1, 1, 2
- 1, 2, 2
- F2, 1, 2
- F4, 4
- B3, 1, 2
- 2, 1+3
Baraka's Bread and Butter Combos
Knowing how to adapt to the changing landscape of a fight is important. That is why Combos play a crucial role in letting you shape it and extract the most out of your inputs. Here are the combos you should be looking to pull off:
- F2, 1, DB3, F2, 1, BF2
- F4, 4 KB, BF4, AMP, 4, DB33333…
- 1, 1, 2, BF4, AMP, DASH, 4, DB33333…
- 1, 1, 2, BF4, AMP, DASH, D2
- 1, 1, 2, BF4, AMP, BF2
- 1, 1, 2, BF4, AMP, F4, F2, 1, DB33333…
- 1, 1, 2, BF4, AMP, F4, F2, 1, BF4 KB
- 1, 1, 2, BF4, AMP, 4, D1, 1, 1, 2, DB33333…
- F2, 1, DB3, 1, 1, 2, BF2
- F2, 1, DB3, F2, DB3, 1, 1, 2, BF2
- 1, 2, 2, DASH, 4, DB33333…
- 1, 2, 2, F4, F2, 1, DB33333…
- 1, 2, 2, DASH, 4, F2, 1, BF4, AMP, DASH, 4, DB33333…
- F4, 4 KB, BF4, AMP, 4, F2, 1, DB33333…
Baraka's Guide Conclusion
Baraka can seem like a rather simple character when starting, but he has a pretty deep pool of moves that work well with each other, which allows players to get creative and see just how much damage they can get away with. On the other hand, he is one of the slowest characters in the game and is forced to make hard choices when looking at his variations. Finally, although you have a good projectile, it can be hard to fight off zoners, and making your approach predictable will also land you in a heap of trouble.