He is a high-risk, high-reward character
Gogeta Blue got a pretty decent place in the general power balance of Dragon Ball FighterZ. He is often put at the top of tier lists. And in a team with Vegito, these two Fusions become an almost unstoppable duo — they are part of the iconic Yasha’s team.
Sure, such competitive effectiveness could not get unnoticed by many pro players. Gogeta SSGSS is a regular participant in top-level events. For example, at East Coast Throwdown 2022, he helped Kite finish 5-6th.
And actually, it’s a great case when someone who successfully uses a character at pro tournaments teaches how to play this specific fighter. We have a new guide on DashFight’s YouTube channel — Kite explains various aspects of playing Blue Gogeta and reveals some interesting tricks.
Dragon Ball FighterZ | Blue Gogeta Guide by Kite
Kite highlights air buttons as the best normals for Gogeta Blue.
- j.M is multiple overheads. This button is also great for air-to-air situations. It’s very hit-confirmable. j.M is a hard button to contest in the air. It is one of the key ways to catch your opponent.
- 5S is important as Gogeta Blue does not have a traditional ki blast. He has a beam instead. 5S jails into Vanish, and it’s a good way to get in on the ground. Also, 5S jails into EX Soul Strike. Still, the opponent has some options here.
- 2H is the real best button for Blue Gogeta. This is what the character does in most teams. He recovers before he hits the ground.
Offense & Teams with Blue Gogeta
A lot in playing Blue Gogeta depends on the team and chosen assists.
According to Kite, you can use the majority of the cast for a mix-up assist. However, the most optimized teams give you access to the mix-up 2H 50/50. You can do the string 5L -> 2H.
You need a high blockstun assist to make a mix-up truly gapless. Lab Coat’s A Assist is one of these. If you are ok with having to reflect sometimes, the mix-up will work with low blockstun assists, such as Adult Gohan’s B Assist.
This mix-up is basically inescapable when done correctly because of high and low jail. The only real option here is to Guard Cancel.
The next mix-up that Blue Gogeta can do with most assists is Light into Medium 236 rekka. There is a gap between these moves, and many players stop here. But it will work with an assist.
Another mix-up is double Light 236 rekka. This one does jail.
Gogeta Blue fights well with a ki-blast assist, such as Vegito’s. He also can play nice with other characters in the team, but Vegito covers Blue Gogeta’s weaknesses.
The best Anchors for this character are Android 21 Lab Coat and Android 17. They give him access to all the mix-ups highlighted in Kite’s video.
Android 17 keeps Blue Gogeta extremely safe with the Barrier. Lab Coat gives him a fast anti-ki-blast move.
The purpose of Gogeta Blue in these teams is the combo potential of this character.
BnB Combos of Blue Gogeta in DBFZ
Kite says that Blue Gogeta’s combo game is pretty insane. He always two-touches you as long as he has an assist.
- 5LL5M j.LL jc (Jump Cancel) j.LL2H dl SD 66 j.M 669 j.LL2S SD j.LL jc j.LL 214M DR
- 5LL5M j.LL jc (Jump Cancel) j.LL2H dl SD 66 j.M 669 j.LL2S SD j.LL jc j.LL 214M 5S 214M Active Tag DR
- 5LL2M5M j.LL jc (Jump Cancel) j.LL2H dl SD 66 j.M 5M Super Jump j.M 2S SDj.LL jc j.LL 214M 5S 214M DR
- 5LL jc j.H 5LL5M SJ j.MLH j.5S2S SD j.LL j.LLL 236LLM
- 5LL jc j.H 5LL5M SJ j.MLH j.5S2S j.2H dl SD 66 j.M 5M Super Jump j.LL jc j.LLH 214M Active Tag DR
Back to Wall Combos:
- 2M5M Super Jump j.MLH j.5S2S Super Dash j.LL JC j.LLL j.5S 236MMM
- 5LL Super Jump dl IAD j.LMH 5LL5M SJ j.MLH j.5S2S SD j.LL j.LLL 236LLM
- 2L5LL5M Sumper Jump forward j.L dl L jc j.LL 2H dl SD 66 j.M 5M Super Jump j.M 2S SD j.M jc j.LL 214M 5S 214M DR
Strengths and Weaknesses
Pressure is a strength for Blue Gogeta. He is the only character in the game with jailing 50/50. Along with his strong anti-air reflecting, he never gets off his opponents and forces them to double reflect or take another option in desperation.
His ability to confirm well after hits is also a strength. He can two-touch opponents if he has an assist. And he always gets the corner with a knockdown.
Kite names these two weaknesses of Blue Gogeta:
- Frame Data
- Lack of safe neutral presence
Still, his normals become less risky even on block thanks to assists (Vegito’s)
Frame Data can be fixed with good team composition. Vegito’s A Assist covers a lot of space and helps Gogeta Blue get in.
Kite confirms that Vegito is the best partner in crime for Blue Gogeta. We at DashFight have a guide on how to play Vegito — it was made by Tyrant.
Also, Tyrant created a video guide on how to play SS4 Gogeta, another version of the same Goku/Vegeta Dance Fusion.