With the illustrious roster of Dragon Ball Fighter Z, it can be a challenging task to sit down and run the numbers on each character, and that leaves aside the importance of playing what feels right by you. Professional players often spend years perfecting their matchups, looking at every detail, and thinking through their strategies. Although not impossible for new players, it can feel like a major hurdle to overcome. In DBFZ you have elements like assist, projectile mechanics, screen control, swaps, and more.
For that reason, DashFight joined forces with DBFZ high-level players to give you all the tools you will need to achieve victory. This time around we partner with Tyrant to cover the intricacies of Vegito.
Vegito's Best Buttons
The Best Buttons are the key moves for the character. You are likely to want to use or see these in play as players or opponents since they offer the best neutral, anti-air, pressure value, or some other benefit.
- 5M - Really far reach and quick for round starts.
- 236S - Good to force a move out of your opponent like super dashes, great coverage.
- 5L - A Fantastic way to multihit and get a combo out of it.
- 214S Air - Great for Mix Pressure and anti-air grab.
- jS - Highly effective and opens Vegitos options for mixes.
Vegito's Best Assists
Since each character has received two extra assists, discussions about the best ones to have been had. Here are the pro's choices:
- A Assist
- C Assist
- B Assist
Vegito's Gameplan, Strengths, Weaknesses.
Gone are the days of smashing buttons and spamming that one combo we learned five years ago. Instead, if you want to compete or impress your mates, you have to go into each match with a Gameplan to carry through to victory. Here are your key principles:
- Screen Control. Keep your distance and make your opponent come to you, you can have control over a vast area, and that will put on pressure on them to respond.
- Movement Tools. Move around to keep enemies away and guessing.
- Baiting opponent's mistakes. When they do have a faulty approach, punish them, you have the damage to carry over a lot of power from those small slips.
- You can become predictable. You don't have that many tools with fast lows and mixups, so if you rely on one type for too long, you will be punished hard.
Vegito's Best Strings
No one wins on the back of single punches. Having a memorized list of the Best Strings you can use and change throughout the match will vastly improve your chances of coming out ahead.
- 2M, 2L, 5L, 5L, 5S, 5H
- jH, 236S
Vegito's Bread and Butter Combos
Knowing how to adapt to the changing landscape of a fight is important. That is why Combos play a crucial role in letting you shape it and extract the most out of your inputs. Here are the combos you should be looking to pull off:
- 5LL, 2M, 5M, jLL, 236M, j2H, djMHS, Super Dash, jLLLS, 214
- 5M, 2M, 236M, 2M, 5M, sjMH2HS, Super Dash, jLLL2H, djLLLS, 236L, Assist 1, Dragon Rush