[T7] Your predictions and expectations

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Thu, Apr 8

So before the whole thing begins, what's your best guess regarding the results of the tournament? Who will come on top? I would bet for BOOK and Arslan Ash OR Saint finale. BOOK will definitely main Leroy again, and he is one hell of a powerhouse. Arslan was pretty adamant about not picking Leroy at Evo Japan, but ended up smashed. I hope either he or Saint will make it with their mains

UPD: Dashfight editorial published the interview with the players about their expectations about the tournament

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

SeraphinoRage

Thu, Apr 8

@vaporknight, I sure hope he is! Dying to see some Leroy/Zafina action there

Author avatar

vaporknight

Thu, Apr 8

Ooff, BOOK seems bloodthirsty for Arslan and JDCR. Considerin how hard Arslan whooped him in Evo Japan 2019, I'm not surprised at all

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Thu, Apr 8

@gobacktoknohasasuke, many thanks! I'll add it to the TS post

Author avatar

Tempsestbon

Thu, Apr 8

OMG, Arslan is just a god's gift. He admitted he will be maining Zafina, Julia and Steve Fox, because he has the most fun with them, and he will not be using the "strongest" characters. That's the way - when the player is doing it for pleasure, they're a pleasure to watch :)

Author avatar

gobacktokonohasasuke

Thu, Apr 8

Ok, so I guess you guys just slept on it. There is a published interview with the players about their plans and expectations about the tournament, come check it out 

Author avatar

queenofdegenerates

Thu, Apr 8

@tradgamer, yes, baby! She is beast, fairly. Damage is over the roof and poke game is just obnoxiously effective, to the point when any Lidia player just ff2s me to the wall on repeat. Rn she is just as annoying to play against as Leroy, so mb we'll see a well-played match with them. I hope so at least

Author avatar

tradgamer

Thu, Apr 8

I just hope to see some high-level Lydia gameplay. She has a really high damage output and a strong wall play, though, her strings are fairly easy to punish. I can imagine someone like Arslan Ash picking her 

Author avatar

SeraphinoRage

Thu, Apr 8

@deedisdone, and he also has one of the best carries in the game, but so what? His scariest attacks are in the close range, so everyone else will have to be picking characters who are strong on mid. There are ways to work around him, and there are plenty of strong characters and players out there.

Author avatar

deedisdone

Thu, Apr 8

@Tempsestbon, r u sure that cut frame advantage and some damage cut will do enough to nerf Leroy? He would still have that mad launching low and fast punch strings. Those moves alone are unfair

Author avatar

Tempsestbon

Thu, Apr 8

I hope Arslan will pick Zafina again, imo, she's one of the most interesting characters in the entire roster. Leroy's frame advantage was cut and his attack power was reduced, so I think Zafina or Kazumi are viable against him