Need a manga to binge-read

Author avatar

Kavaicheg

Mon, Jun 21

Hello there, my fellow degenerates. I've got an unexpected excess of free time recently, so I decided that I want to binge something. It's been a while since I've read something long and good, so I'm open to your ideas. 

A word about my taste: I like mecha, shounen, thrillers and isekai. Light novels are also welcome. Peace

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Zodiak

Mon, Jun 21

If you are looking for shonen/thriller mix-up, I'll recommend you to try Naoki Urasawa's works. The more famous one is Monster, which also has an anime to it. I would recommend 20th Century Boys first - it is a fast-paced mystery/shonen/thriller/dystopia work, which story spans for over 50 years. It is also a very layered work, much deeper than Monster, imo

Author avatar

Kavaicheg

Mon, Jun 21
Daigoisgod:

JoJo 

Read all of them, except 8. I just couldn't handle all the bs there, so I quit. Still, that was a wild ride

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Mon, Jun 21

JoJo 

Author avatar

Biggus_Floppus

Mon, Jun 21
Podpivalka:

Assuming that you've already read/watched Evangelion (if not - I dare you to try, it's a cultural milestone and one of a kind thing), read Knights of Sidonia. It is a great piece of mecha action/soft sci-fi with great world building and art. If you find it good take a look at Blame - an earlier and the most renounced work of this mangaka. It is dark and obscure, but also insanely immersive and has a godlike art

Pic related (Sidonia)

Изображение

Man that panel is just...

sunglasses off Online

Author avatar

Podpivalka

Mon, Jun 21

Assuming that you've already read/watched Evangelion (if not - I dare you to try, it's a cultural milestone and one of a kind thing), read Knights of Sidonia. It is a great piece of mecha action/soft sci-fi with great world building and art. If you find it good take a look at Blame - an earlier and the most renounced work of this mangaka. It is dark and obscure, but also insanely immersive and has a godlike art

Pic related (Sidonia)

Изображение

Author avatar

Tommyhuntergun

Mon, Jun 21
Kavaicheg:

Well, I haven't got THAT much time now, but thanks anyways

I will actually double on this guy. If you like shonen, this is the way to go. It's not about length even. Simply put, you won't find anything better story-wise and worldbuilding-wise in this genre. It is the top of the top

Author avatar

Kavaicheg

Mon, Jun 21
Sussus_Amogus:

Read One Piece, if you haven't already. Don't ask stupid questions, just sit down and start reading

Well, I haven't got THAT much time now, but thanks anyways

Author avatar

Sussus_Amogus

Mon, Jun 21

Read One Piece, if you haven't already. Don't ask stupid questions, just sit down and start reading