Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate has no shortage of incredibly striking characters. They all have their own frame data, strengths, weaknesses, and other quirks. Pro-players try to learn these to the best of their abilities. And not only for their mains, but those of their opponents too. Even if you may not be aiming towards the top-8 finish at Evo this year, learning the basics and working your way through the roster can pave the way to a more enjoyable competitive experience.
Since everyone at DashFight wants to give you all the tools you will need to improve, we've partnered with amazing Dreammxy to provide you with the best Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Mileena guide. You can view the full video right below and go over any of the individual sections right here in the text guide.
Mileena’s Best Buttons
The Best Buttons are the key moves for the character. You should try to use them whenever the opportunity presents itself since they offer the best neutral, anti-air, and pressure value.
- 1 – 8 frames, -4 on block. Good for anti-air.
- B1 – Good neutral, Mileena’s fastest mid.
- F1 – A high that’s plus on block. Not safe as opponents can D2 it.
- B2 – A good overhead for mixing up.
- F2 – Good tool to catch people off guard. Has a KB on the second hit.
- B3 – Another good mixup tool.
- D3 – A good low to keep people in check.
- B4 – Great in neutral.
- F4 – 18 frame mid, also good in neutral.
- D4 – Good anti-air.
Mileena’s Best Variations
Players have the option to select their own Variations in tournament settings, so here are Dreammxy’s Mileena ones:
- Stabbyscotch (FDB2)
- Ridin’ Dirty (1, 1, 1+3)
- Losing Control (F2, 3, 1+3)
- Half Blood (F4, 3, 1+3)
- Vanish (UD2)
Mileena excels at mixing her opponents up, leaving them to guess what her next move is going to be. She can also easily add grabs to her mixup game, as she has a KB on her forward throw. Her projectiles are also incredibly good, so she can play the zoning game.
Mileena’s Best Strings
Single buttons won’t win you the match, so you need to memorize these best strings to win:
- 1, 1, 2 – Can punish the opponent’s guessing game.
- B1, 1, 2 – Good for pressure.
- F1. 2 – Solid offensive tool.
- B3, 4 – You can do a combo if the first hit lands.
- F4, 3 – A safe string that will keep your opponent blocking.
- 3, 4
Mileena’s Bread and Butter Combos
Knowing how to adapt to the changing landscape of a fight is important. That is why Combos play a crucial role in letting you shape it and extract the most out of your inputs. Here are the combos you should be looking to pull off:
- F4, 3, BD4, AMP, D2, F1, 2, 4
- F4, 3, BD4, AMP, 2, F1, FDB2
- F4, 3, BD4, AMP, 2, F1, 2, 4
- B1, 1, BD4, AMP, D2, F1, 2, 4
- B1, 1, BD4, AMP, D2, F1, FDB2
- F4, 3, BD4, AMP, 2, F1, F1, 2, 4
- F4, 3, BD4, AMP, 2, F1, F1, FDB2
- F4, 3, BD4, AMP, 2, F1, 1, FDB2
- B1, BD4, AMP, 2, F1, F1, FDB2
- D2, 3, 4, BD4, AMP, F2, 3, 1+3
- D2, 3, 4, BD4, AMP, F4, 3, 1+3
- D2, 3, 4, BD4, AMP, B1, 1, 4
- F2, 3, 3, 4, BD4, AMP, F2, 3, 1+3
- F2, 3, F4, 3, BD4, AMP, F2, 3, 1+3
- F4, 3, BD4, AMP, F1, B1, 1, 4
- F4, 3, BD4, AMP, F1, B1, 1, FB
- B1, 1, BD4, AMP, 2, F1, FB
- D2, 3, 4, BD4, AMP, F1, FB
- F2, 3, 3, 4, BD4, AMP, F1, FB
- F2, 3, F4, 3, BD4, AMP, 1, FB
As much as people want their mains to be very strong and all-powerful, you can’t have a video game fighter without weaknesses. Mileena is no exception.
- She gets outranged by multiple characters, for example, Jade and Shao Kahn.
- Her strings are unsafe and can be punished if you’re careless.
Mileena’s Guide Conclusion
Mileena was left in a questionable spot by the NRS. While she’s a good offensive character that thrives while in the face of the opponent, putting them under constant pressure, she also can be very vulnerable to those fighters that can exploit her weaknesses. The most important tip while playing as Mileena is not to get careless.