With the actual patch dropping on June 10th, ArcSys posted a preview of the upcoming changes
The long-awaited patch notes for Guilty Gear -Strive- are finally out. We got a glimpse of the changes earlier this month with ArcSys showing the counter-hit slowdown in 5P and dash cancel after 5K but the full patch blows those already big changes out of the water.
The character balance changes are extensive, to say the least, with everyone receiving a hefty amount of changes. Most notably, Faust, Anji, and Jack-O, who were considered some of the weakest characters, should now enjoy major improvements to their toolkit. Meanwhile, Happy Chaos was tuned down a notch, and his concentration will drain faster when shooting opponents from far away.
Unfortunately, many of the notes are somewhat vague in their wording, so we will have to wait and see how impactful some of the changes will be.
Lastly, let's outline some of the major system changes in this patch:
- Roman Cancels now trigger a slow-down effect when canceled into a normal or special move close to the opponent. All RCs except Yellow will also cause the Tension gauge to deplete over time instead of doing it all at once.
- Red RC no longer adds scaling to combos.
- Special moves can now be canceled into Overdrives until the special move comes out.
- Faultless Defense now has a dedicated macro.
- Jumping, standing, and crouching P and K attacks will now trigger a slow-down effect on hit.
- Standing K and close standing S are now dash cancellable but will launch opponents less when used in a combo more than once.