Mid Level crisis

Author avatar

Jem-Fury

Tue, Jun 22

So I've been getting into the game a lot more ever since I picked up my man Donkey Kong and I've been having a lot of fun.

HOWEVER, that doesn't help with the mental side of the game. I'm absolutely bad at dealing with Smash Stress and it's starting to persist into me doing questionable things to myself. So, if anyone here has any suggestions, I'd love to see what everyone here has to offer in coping mechanisms.

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Jem-Fury

Wed, Jun 30
JReddSSBU:

I sometimes struggle with my mentality as well in Smash. But here are some things I like to keep in mind.

If you find yourself playing badly in an arena, take some time off to calm down and clear your head. Lay down and rest for a few minutes, maybe listen to calming music or meditate. And once you're ready, you can get back to the game and prepare for the next fight. Just don't wait too long, either.

Before you start going online, I would suggest this. You know how SSBU has a training mode? Use it. Go into training mode, pick Battlefield or its small variant to practice combos and movement. You can also use the regular training stage, but I personally go on Battlefield to practice my labbing.

Trust me, I've been playing so badly one time, and as soon as I got into labbing, I haven't stopped doing it since.

Finally, if none of these are working and you're still playing badly, then to put it simply: take a break. Just turn off the game and step away from it, and do something else to take your mind off of it. Find another hobby you also enjoy, or maybe watch videos or listen to music, as explained in the first step. It always helps me cool down.

But I hope this advice helps out with your mentality. Take care.

Thank you so much my friend. I'll take all of this into consideration, and probably get myself into the habit of meditating. I love taking time to do simple things that helps the body process things better. 

I wish you the best of days and that your day only gets better from here.

Author avatar

JReddSSBU

Sun, Jun 27

I sometimes struggle with my mentality as well in Smash. But here are some things I like to keep in mind.

If you find yourself playing badly in an arena, take some time off to calm down and clear your head. Lay down and rest for a few minutes, maybe listen to calming music or meditate. And once you're ready, you can get back to the game and prepare for the next fight. Just don't wait too long, either.

Before you start going online, I would suggest this. You know how SSBU has a training mode? Use it. Go into training mode, pick Battlefield or its small variant to practice combos and movement. You can also use the regular training stage, but I personally go on Battlefield to practice my labbing.

Trust me, I've been playing so badly one time, and as soon as I got into labbing, I haven't stopped doing it since.

Finally, if none of these are working and you're still playing badly, then to put it simply: take a break. Just turn off the game and step away from it, and do something else to take your mind off of it. Find another hobby you also enjoy, or maybe watch videos or listen to music, as explained in the first step. It always helps me cool down.

But I hope this advice helps out with your mentality. Take care.