Following the much anticipate release of the outfit three for the launch roster of Street Fighter 6, Capcom have also released some developer notes on the inspiration for the costumes and what they represent for the characters.
You can read what the full idea here
But a summary goes like this:
- Kimberly - They wanted a look that was nonja-like but still expressed her style which is evident with her hair.
- Jamie - They wanted to show him in traditional garb as he respects and is in tune with his culture. But they also ensured there was a bit of personality.
- JP - The idea was to have him in a more traditional Nayshall attire. They also decided to show some skin since he's pretty buff despite his age.
- Chun li - Chun li has always had a nice casual look and they wanted more of the same. Her pants have buttons on the side to make putting them on easier.
- Ryu - The idea behind Ryu's outfit was to imagine what he would look like when he was just running errands. He's also wearing a lot of stuff given to him, like the jacket which is from Chun li and the sandals from E. Honda.
- Manon - As a stylish character, they wanted something that fit her and French Revolution seemed like the best idea.
- E. Honda - This mirrors the typical sumo wrestler on holiday and what sort of outfits he would wear.
- Dhalsim - The outfit highlights Dhalsim's surprisingly outgoing personality where he is happy to wear handmade things made for him.
- Zangief - In a bid to show off his more studious side, this outfit for Zangief was proposed, it is sure to be a hit.
- Blanka - Looks similar to what we have already seen in World Tour, but resonated the most with the team.
- Ken - Since Ken is down on his luck in this game, it was agreed that he should have a look that better represented his status.
- Lily - She is seen in traditional Mexican garb with pants instead of a dress as that suits her more.
- Cammy - Her outfit is a callback to her undercover look in the Street Fighter animated movie.
- Luke - Luke's current design was already agreed before his appearance in Street Fighter V. This look has meaning as the stars on his forearm are for his underground wins.
- Dee Jay - This is a look that was to match his personality.
- Juri - Since Juri is already casual, the idea was to find something even more casual and her head horns are a mess since she slept in them.
- Marisa - A woman not shy about her desire to love and be loved. They went with a goddess motif to further accentuate her strength, dignity, and pride.
- Guile - They wanted a look that could be seen if Guile was a barkeep somewhere in the United States.