Akuma is insane

Author avatar

deedisdone

Fri, Jun 18

Not only picking him helped me in fighting Geese players, but I feel seriously attached to him and his playstyle now. I feel like I might go for Street Fighter eventually to try him out in his natural habitat. 

With that being said, it genuinely surprises me how Akuma can be played so unorthodox in Tekken without feeling out of place. His neutral is stiff, and his execution is very demanding, but once you learn how to confirm with him, it's an instant dopamine rush. 

It is a constant mind game of making guesses and playing carefully, until your meter builds, and then - going full YOLO. Playing him just keeps me on edge way better that any other character can. What are your thoughts on him?

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

SeraphinoRage

Fri, Jun 18
Daigoisgod:

I think this that disadvantage of restricted movement outweighs the advantage of Akuma's mix-up game in Tekken 7, since this game is heavily built around movement. Mechanically, Akuma is stronger in Street Fighter

Agreed. Arlsan Ash vs Awais Honey in WUFL season 1 finale is the proof of it. Ash just dominates rounds with Zafina. Akuma's strength is no use when he can be dodged and baited with her. But maybe it's because Ash is so good. Zafina just turns into liquid in his hands

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Fri, Jun 18
queenofdegenerates:

You know, what still puzzles me? Akuma in the story mode of Tekken 7. Like... how?

As one handsome vampire would say "Fuck you, that's how". He's just there, indebted to Kazumi, so he has to kill Heihachi and Kazuya because of her request

Hey Little Man Hows It Goin? / Yea | Know Your Meme

Author avatar

queenofdegenerates

Fri, Jun 18
Daigoisgod:

I think this that disadvantage of restricted movement outweighs the advantage of Akuma's mix-up game in Tekken 7, since this game is heavily built around movement. Mechanically, Akuma is stronger in Street Fighter

You know, what still puzzles me? Akuma in the story mode of Tekken 7. Like... how?

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Fri, Jun 18
Revvvvv:

What I like about Akuma is how well-balanced he is. He can deal an insane damage, but without meter he's just gambling with bad hand. You can really see how bas he is with neutral game - he's slow, has bad range and tracking. Practically, a punching bag until he gets his meter and then you're gambling on your life

Author avatar

Revvvvv

Fri, Jun 18

What I like about Akuma is how well-balanced he is. He can deal an insane damage, but without meter he's just gambling with bad hand. You can really see how bas he is with neutral game - he's slow, has bad range and tracking. Practically, a punching bag until he gets his meter and then you're gambling on your life

Author avatar

SeraphinoRage

Fri, Jun 18

Getting  FADC'd in the wall by an Akuma main is one of the things that wakes me up in cold sweat at night

Author avatar

Tommyhuntergun

Fri, Jun 18

Akuma is very sick, but very hard. One of the most complex fighters out there