Help me master Akuma

Author avatar

smellofnapalm

Mon, Jul 12

So, I'm new at Tekken, and I immediately went for Akuma. I've heard he can do mad combos, but I just keep succccin' at them. Inputs are just hard af, and I can successfully tie together two strings max. 

I want to learn them sweet death combos, can you help me 

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

readyornot

Mon, Jul 12
deedisdone:

Ok, so what you want to do here is FADC, it means that you'll be cancelling the specific moves with dash to create a frame trap 

1. Practice QCF2 fireball till you are able to spit them full-auto on demand

2. Add 2 before fireball, so now you have a string, again you have to be able to do it in your sleep

3. Add the shortcut for 1+2, and add it to your previous string with double forward. There you have a short combo: 2, fireball, 1+2 ff. You need to execute it fast and flawless until you end the combo with 10 or more in frame advantage, and then you'll have your frame trap set. 

This is like the bread and butter, if you can pull this off consistently, then you are ready for the next steps 

4. Implement ity in the combo. For example, in the end of the string you can add a 1,2 wall splat if you cornered your opponent. You can also get the oki after dash cancel - add shoryuken 2 (1,f, d, df, 2).

Once you feel like you're consistent in pulling it against dummies and CPU, go play against real people. In a month or two you must be able to get +14 on that string from step 3, then you can add rage art in the end for complete annihilation

Good luck!

tfw you've been playing MK and haven't touched Tekken in a while, and then you come across these inputs.... Man they're just

Shocked Dog GIFs | Tenor

Author avatar

smellofnapalm

Mon, Jul 12
deedisdone:

Ok, so what you want to do here is FADC, it means that you'll be cancelling the specific moves with dash to create a frame trap 

2. Add 2 before fireball, so now you have a string, again you have to be able to do it in your sleep

3. Add the shortcut for 1+2, and add it to your previous string with double forward. There you have a short combo: 2, fireball, 1+2 ff. You need to execute it fast and flawless until you end the combo with 10 or more in frame advantage, and then you'll have your frame trap set. 

This is like the bread and butter, if you can pull this off consistently, then you are ready for the next steps 

4. Implement ity in the combo. For example, in the end of the string you can add a 1,2 wall splat if you cornered your opponent. You can also get the oki after dash cancel - add shoryuken 2 (1,f, d, df, 2).

Once you feel like you're consistent in pulling it against dummies and CPU, go play against real people. In a month or two you must be able to get +14 on that string from step 3, then you can add rage art in the end for complete annihilation

Good luck!

Ooofff, that's a handful. Many thanks, my dude

Author avatar

deedisdone

Mon, Jul 12
smellofnapalm:

Well, I can learn moves just as I'll be executing them in combo. I just need someomne to explain me steps

Good luck!

Author avatar

smellofnapalm

Mon, Jul 12
tradgamer:

If you are new to Tekken, may I suggest you don't go into advanced stuff right off the bat, but get a hang of the game's basics instead? Learn how the movement in the game works, try playing with basic moveset for as long as you need to get that feel of a game

Well, I can learn moves just as I'll be executing them in combo. I just need someomne to explain me steps

Author avatar

tradgamer

Mon, Jul 12

If you are new to Tekken, may I suggest you don't go into advanced stuff right off the bat, but get a hang of the game's basics instead? Learn how the movement in the game works, try playing with basic moveset for as long as you need to get that feel of a game

Author avatar

Outofthisworld

Mon, Jul 12

From what I heard, you need to learn how to FADC (Focus Attack Dash Cancelling), but I'm not an Akuma player. You can google that stuff, pretty sure there is enough guides around