Tekken X Street Fighter is cancelled

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Fri, Jun 25

So it seems that it is official - the top anime crossover is dead now. Harada claimed that project just stopped, like 30% in the development. Character models were ready, mechanics were laid out, but things did just not work out apparently. 

Now, that's pretty sad news. My hopes for the crossover of two greatest fighting franchises on Tekken grounds are gone. Still not sure about the reasons 

Source

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Fri, Jun 25
deedisdone:

Okay, pals, keep calm, that was a false alarm. Apparently, Harada's words were mistranslated. By project being "dead" he most likely implied that it is still on the shelf with no visible progess presently. It still might work out, though, the official status is still quite ambiguous

> The status of the projecty is still ambiguous

Don't Give Me Hope | Know Your Meme

Author avatar

deedisdone

Fri, Jun 25

Okay, pals, keep calm, that was a false alarm. Apparently, Harada's words were mistranslated. By project being "dead" he most likely implied that it is still on the shelf with no visible progess presently. It still might work out, though, the official status is still quite ambiguous

Author avatar

OldGriff

Fri, Jun 25

Honestly, I'm low key glad that Harada said that. No need to keep fans waiting if the project is stillborn

Author avatar

tellmewhy

Fri, Jun 25

Well, I'm glad that at least Akuma made it to the actual game. Makes it quite bitter, seeing how well he turned out

Author avatar

Revvvvv

Fri, Jun 25

A bit sad, but on the brighter side, Namco can now focus on developing Tekken 8

Author avatar

SeraphinoRage

Fri, Jun 25

Considering there haven't been any news for a while, it is expectable but sad nonetheless

Author avatar

vaporknight

Fri, Jun 25

So it's all over? Just like that? What a waste... 

Mama Mia! - Album on Imgur