Characters with best reversals/parries

Author avatar

Tempsestbon

Mon, Jun 28

My recent ranked matches made me want to try different strategies. I want to, in particular, try more defensive approaches to my game, so I'd like to know who you think has the best reversals, counters, and parries.

I am presently looking at King, because it was King players who made me sweat so much with their reversal play. It takes learning most popular strings for his players, but once they're on it, literally any kick and right punch can be returned to sender. His throws can also pin you to the ground for good, giving him a chance to treat you with oki. 

In short, I'm almost certain about picking King as a secondary for the defensive play, but I'll be glad if you change my mind

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

SeraphinoRage

Mon, Jun 28

If you are in for parries, go for Jin/Leroy, because they parry like beasts. Jin can parry pretty much anything. Once you get a hold of timing for two buttons + directional, you get punishes on:

- almost all mids and lows

- weapons 

- unblockables

- projectiles

- unblockable projectiles

- rage art (!)

Leroy is pretty much the same. It's just one button and directional for him, lol

Author avatar

tradgamer

Mon, Jun 28
odinjoinedthegame:

> Damage scaling on different moves

> Ability to reverse unblockables

King > Asuka

Give her some credit. She can delay the reversal execution, which no one else but her does. Asuka's reversals is the bread and butter of her fighting style

Author avatar

odinjoinedthegame

Mon, Jun 28
tradgamer:

You might want to consider Asuka then. She has a plenty of reversals, and they are easier to execute than anything King does. If you didn't use parries or reversals before, you might consider her as your secondary

> Damage scaling on different moves

> Ability to reverse unblockables

King > Asuka

Author avatar

tradgamer

Mon, Jun 28
Tempsestbon:

Thank you! I just want to have my options open to me before I go to spend hours in dojo

You might want to consider Asuka then. She has a plenty of reversals, and they are easier to execute than anything King does. If you didn't use parries or reversals before, you might consider her as your secondary

Author avatar

Tempsestbon

Mon, Jun 28
readyornot:

I'mma not tell you no, King is really strong with his reversals. You're already saying your gut urges you to pick him up, so why hesitate? Go get'em

Thank you! I just want to have my options open to me before I go to spend hours in dojo

Author avatar

readyornot

Mon, Jun 28

I'mma not tell you no, King is really strong with his reversals. You're already saying your gut urges you to pick him up, so why hesitate? Go get'em