Picking up Zafina

Author avatar

Outofthisworld

Fri, Jun 25

So after getting high on those sweet Arslan matches, I decided to go and give Zafina a shot. Now, a question to the seasoned Tekken bros: is she tough to pick up? What are her essentials, favorable/unfavorable match-ups, viable strats? I really want to get good with her

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

NeverGonnaGiveYouUp

Fri, Jun 25
odinjoinedthegame:

Fahkumram, Leroy and Kazuya can give her sweat

I wouldn't say Leroy is that much vile against Zafina. If you play her it is easy to backdash against his lows, also you can poke him with df1 out of his defense's reach

Author avatar

odinjoinedthegame

Fri, Jun 25
Outofthisworld:

Nice! And what about dangerous match-ups? 

Fahkumram, Leroy and Kazuya can give her sweat

Author avatar

Outofthisworld

Fri, Jun 25
NeverGonnaGiveYouUp:

Zafina is best against characters that rely on high mids. Think Dragunov, Steve, Lei, Kunimitsy, Xiaoyu. Rule of thumb - they go high, you go low. Plenty of stances to duck and comeback

Nice! And what about dangerous match-ups? 

Author avatar

NeverGonnaGiveYouUp

Fri, Jun 25

Zafina is best against characters that rely on high mids. Think Dragunov, Steve, Lei, Kunimitsy, Xiaoyu. Rule of thumb - they go high, you go low. Plenty of stances to duck and comeback

Author avatar

ErenDidNothingWrong

Fri, Jun 25

Also, try different stances and see how they work out for yourself. She has very cool lows in mantis and tarantula, and movement is superb. You have to feel the way she moves

Author avatar

ErenDidNothingWrong

Fri, Jun 25

Try mixing ff+2 with ff+4. It is quite an essential mix-up. FF2 is a high with sweet damage and range, and if you condition them to duck - ff4 will do it in mid

Author avatar

queenofdegenerates

Fri, Jun 25
vaporknight:

She is very good, but not the easiest character to pick-up, at least for me. If you are used to playing defensively, while relying heavy on punishing on block, she can dissapoint you. The key to Zafina is learning her movement, and evasion - her whiff punish is amazing

True, OP has to learn evasion. Even she blocks anything that is - on block, ez sidestep and comeback

Author avatar

vaporknight

Fri, Jun 25

She is very good, but not the easiest character to pick-up, at least for me. If you are used to playing defensively, while relying heavy on punishing on block, she can dissapoint you. The key to Zafina is learning her movement, and evasion - her whiff punish is amazing