Is Lidia terrific or trash?

Author avatar

Tommyhuntergun

Mon, May 10

Dzień dobry to my fellow combatants. I want to know what Tekken masterminds think about Lidia. It's been a while since her release and she can get some feedback on how she fits in the current Tekken meta.

Since I haven't had the chance to play her myself, my brightest impression is her cool outfit. Tekken is full of flamboyant characters with over-the-top appearance, and Lidia's simplicity and austerity feels like a breath of fresh air. Still about to find out what how she plays like 

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

tellmewhy

Mon, May 10

I dunno, but she thicc and plays like female Dragunov, and that's everything I wanted

Author avatar

tradgamer

Mon, May 10

@queenofdegenerates, the thing I like about Lidia is that her straightforwardness may put her at disadvantage, but her style and limitations actually reflect her personality. She is very honest and straightforward

Author avatar

queenofdegenerates

Mon, May 10

@SeraphinoRage, thus the words of truth are spoken. Everyone is showing off her damage numbers, but people forget that one attack that starts a strong string is slow and predictable and another one is even slower and more predictable. Her poke range is surprisingly low, which kind of sucks, because punish game is a must. At last, since her best moves like 3,2 or dF4 don't have tracking and are slow on start-up, it takes someone who plays, let's say Zafina, pretty good to evade and punish. Overall, I''d say she is a mid-tier

Author avatar

SeraphinoRage

Mon, May 10

I have played around 15 hours with Lidia, and I already like her a lot. She may be my new secondary char. With that being said, i don't think that she's either great or trash by the merit of the current meta, but she is a good character overall. Let me clear this out: Lidia is balanced in such way that allows her to do an insane damage output, BUT she is very linear and her strings are hard to execute. It means that you have to get her most damaging strings written in your muscle memory, and you have to be ready to attack on read, because her best starting moves like 3,2 are slow on start and easy to sidestep, and then it's just an open invitation for the punish

Author avatar

deedisdone

Mon, May 10

@gobacktokonohasasuke, good eyes, my fellow karate nerd, really good eyes. Now, see this and realize that Lidia is most likely based on Rika Usami, an actual world karate champion. Actual viability of Lidia asides, I'm glad that Namco Bandai is back to referencing real martial arts and practiotioners in Tekken 

Author avatar

gobacktokonohasasuke

Mon, May 10

I haven't played her yet, I just want to give a big shout-out to animators and designers of Lidia, who reproduced an actual real karate in her fighting style. In the launch trailer you can see Lidia doing those fancy karate moves - those are the actual kata in the classic style of Gichin Funagoshi, the founder of modern karate. Preem work 

Author avatar

Revvvvv

Mon, May 10

I've been playing her for a month already, and she is pretty fun. High risk/high reward character. You can just null the opponent's health in no time, but you need to commit to a combo, since most of it is combo damage. She rewards calculated and aggressive gameplay, so you have to be good at combos and constantly apply pressure. Needless to say, if you run into the seasoned Asuka player or someone else who is good in defense, you're in for the hard time

Author avatar

vaporknight

Mon, May 10

I was  hyped for her after the announcement, but she turned out to be quite average on release. The best she has to offer is a wall-game and silly combo damage, but it doesn't make up for weak poke game for me. 6/10 would not main