So I picked up Jin as a character to learn Tekken 7 a year ago...

Author avatar

gobacktokonohasasuke

Wed, Jun 23

And I can't get enough of him! It is great to have the series protagonist character who is also great gameplay wise. Jin can pretty much do anything. He has great pokes, lots of safe strings, stance mix-up, evasions, parries. 

If you can think of a certain way to play Tekken, I'm giving you 99% that Jin can do that. Defensive game with the focus on punishments? He has electric (not as strong as Kazuya's though), one of the game's safest parries and a stance for counters - ez. Offense? Nice 50/50s, above average damage, safe strings. 

His only weakness is pretty much the lack of range. And what do you make of him?

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Bartholomeo

Wed, Jun 23
tradgamer:

He's good, but not quite my style. I like to do some more rush

Funny thing, Jin can be effectively pressured with rush downs. I had some success overwhelming him with Dragunov. Jin can't throw parry at you like Asuka or counters as Bryan. His players can be very unpredictable though

Author avatar

tradgamer

Wed, Jun 23

He's good, but not quite my style. I like to do some more rush

Author avatar

tellmewhy

Wed, Jun 23
ErenDidNothingWrong:

I believe that Jin's pokes are intended to be used for more neutral play. Taken that he's got many moves that are safe on block, Jin is best for low-risk medium reward play. That looks liek a very reasonable and well-done character design to me

Words of wisdom. Also, had he a good range, he'd just be broken and everyobe would whine to nerf him. Jin is well-rounded and balanced

Author avatar

ErenDidNothingWrong

Wed, Jun 23
Tommyhuntergun:

> Character with great pokes

> and shite range 

J Jonah Jameson GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I believe that Jin's pokes are intended to be used for more neutral play. Taken that he's got many moves that are safe on block, Jin is best for low-risk medium reward play. That looks liek a very reasonable and well-done character design to me

Author avatar

Tommyhuntergun

Wed, Jun 23

> Character with great pokes

> and shite range 

J Jonah Jameson GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY