Best character designs in SSBU

Author avatar

bad_horsy

Wed, Jun 9

Share your thoughts on this one! For the record, I don't only imply their visual designs, but how well their gameplay mechanics work to support the fun of the game, and make them distinct. I'll begin

I just love how they did Link in SSBU. His agility and versatility of moves make me want to play him again and again. Link allows his player to freestyle aerial aggression with defensive zoning. Lastly, remote bomb is awesome! The fact that you can use it to set traps, throw enemies off the edge, and even launch yourself in the air makes it fun, just as if you were playing Breath of the Wild

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Jem-Fury

Mon, Jun 21

This has to go to Steve man. The guy's got so much love and heart put into him while being just as complex as he is in the actual game. Blocks make him feel like a unique character and allow for some of the coolest things in the game. Sure, he's a bit campy, and can hard counter some characters recoveries, but that just adds to the wacky and fun game that is smash :)

Author avatar

Aegeni

Wed, Jun 9

Thank you for giving Link some love <3 Breath of the Wild was my first game, and I started playing Smash shortly after

Author avatar

rararasputin

Wed, Jun 9

Guess, I'll be very biased here, but as a person who spend his childhood playing SNK, I like Terry in Ultimate. It's cool how he can cancel so many moves into specials, just like in the original series. His special inputs are difficult, yes, but I see it as more of a nod to SNK. He has good projectiles, aerial attacks and really devastating specials. The beauty is, the latter are only available when he is over 100%, so it is fairly balanced, and used in life or death situations only