Mario, Overrated or Broken?

Author avatar

Jem-Fury

Tue, Jun 22

This character has seen some very big developments with the community of up airing hooligans (That's a good thing btw), and I have to ask the question... Is Mario's Advantage state the best in the game? I don't think there's a more consistent character that can kill off the top from anywhere on the screen. God forbid you got hit by an up air at 15% off ledge on a plat stage. 

Not only is his combo game amazing, but he's got, arguably, a top 10 edgeguarding game with F.L.U.D.D and Cape cheese potential. He has a lot of aerials that gimp real early, and his recovery to stage is usually better then the opponents. I'mma need to discuss this.

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

bad_horsy

Mon, Jun 28

I'm really struggling against him, when playing Gunner. I'm trying to get some zone from his combos, but the experienced ones deflect my shots so good. Anyone has ideas for counterpicks/strategies against him?

Author avatar

cryingmoon

Mon, Jun 28

Fludd and cape are indeed a formidable duo when it comes to edge guarding. Once you are off from the ledge, he just goes for it. Other than that, I do respect how seemingly basic and accessible Mario is. He is a both great entry character, and a viable one

Author avatar

KamuiSlayer

Mon, Jun 28
komsussertott:

Now that hits too close to home. Makes me salty every time

Do you know how you get over the salt from being juggled to your death by a Mario main? Remember Bayonetta in Smash 4

Author avatar

komsussertott

Mon, Jun 28
Jarvis:

Yes, absolutely. Mario is absolute bullshit. Oh, man that up air cheese is a pain in my hole ass. You get hit in the air once, and then *pic related *

Post image

Now that hits too close to home. Makes me salty every time

Author avatar

Jarvis

Mon, Jun 28

Yes, absolutely. Mario is absolute bullshit. Oh, man that up air cheese is a pain in my hole ass. You get hit in the air once, and then *pic related *

Post image