Ryu buffs for season 5

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Wed, Apr 21

Might be a little late, but I wanna know what you guys think about the recent Ryu update. Personally I am THRILLED to see Ryu finally being treated like he deserves to be viable and played. Some say he got too buffed, but this is total bs imo. Also, the new battle outfit 1 is just fire (profile picture checks out haha)

UPD: I was stupid enough to forget to link the patchnote 

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Kavaicheg

Thu, Apr 22

I agree that Ryu can outshine Akuma in the current meta. We saw too many Akumas before, because he had almost all the Ryu properties, but also better V-trigger mix-up and pressure. Now Ryu has enough tools for conversion and pressure, so I expect we see more of him in big tournaments soon

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Thu, Apr 22

@smellofnapalm, did you notice how excited he was while using V-triggered Tatsumaki or EX Donkey Kick? And it just couldn't be any other way, because that shit slaps, it simply slaps. Tatsu is a full-blown tornado in V2 and the EX kick just launches anyone into the wall and bounces back, for you to convert. Ryu now has honestly one of the strongest V-triggers in SFV now, and it can be used to cancel such a basic move as punch

Author avatar

smellofnapalm

Thu, Apr 22

@MessUp, I saw Daigo playing Ryu on Twitch somewhere in the beginning of May. Dude, I haven't seen him this happy in a while. My man was giggling like a weed-hammered teenager in a sex shop, over-the roof excitement over there

Author avatar

MessUp

Thu, Apr 22

@blankstare, it is easier to combo with him too now. Plus, that heavy low sweep is fast as hell now, Guile-level fast. Just thought that Daigo likes to whiff-punish this way with Guile. Maybe, he will return to playing Ryu eventually

Author avatar

blankstare

Wed, Apr 21

Agree 100%. Ryu was not over-buffed by any means. He sure as hell deals more damage now than before, and it is easier to confirm from mid-punch now, so it's easier to chain in combos now. I hope he can get out of the shadow of Ken/Akuma now