What do you guys make of Rose?

Author avatar

Dragonborn

Fri, Apr 23

I recently see lots of Rose online, it feels like every third match is a Rose player. I haven't tried her yet, but her design looks very appealing to me, and she is fun to play against. What do you think? Should I try her. If yes, what should I know? 

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

nietstopsgroningen

Fri, Apr 23

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how well her scarf is animated? It is almost like sakuga in anime, but it blends so well with the other animations, you can tell it was done manually with lots of care. Prompts to everyone who animated this splendid lady

Author avatar

Dragonborn

Fri, Apr 23

@JuanAguilera, thanks, I think I'll stick to Guile after all :D

Author avatar

JuanAguilera

Fri, Apr 23

@dragonborn, she will probably not suit very much. Rose has it tough when pressured, especially into a corner, so she has to constantly move around, gladly, she has plenty of tools to do so. She is an excellent zoner with decent reach, but her effective attacks like Soul Punish require very tactical approach to positioning. In general, she is a hard character to play

Author avatar

Dragonborn

Fri, Apr 23

@JuanAguilera, It's Guile and Birdie. I like going campy or defensive, and look for openings to punish. Guile is very good for that purposes, haha

Author avatar

JuanAguilera

Fri, Apr 23

Who is your current main and what is your playstyle?

Author avatar

gg_ez

Fri, Apr 23

Surprisingly, hasn't yet fought against her, but I saw tons of Ryus though. She is very fresh, so it is too early to make any conclusions out of the meta yet. I'll watch out if anyone of the pros will adopt her eventually

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Fri, Apr 23

This happens every time when a new character is released, in my experience. People are getting excited and trying to figure them out. Personally I find it fun to play as Ryu against her. With the new update, it is really easy to press with Ryu and Rose is short on defense. With that being said, she can take advantage when zoned, so figuring how to approach her for close-and-personal makes for a rewarding game.