NRS MOVES ON TO THE NEW PROJECT

Author avatar

statemandatedbasiccatwife

Thu, Jul 8

You've all probably heard the news, and yes, they're not the freshest either. But to hell with it, this one is huge.  In short, MK 11 is done, no new content is coming. NRS is moving on to their new thing

What are your thoughts on this? I'm just hoping they are not going to stop MK11's technical support any time soon. On the other hand, I'm genuinely curious about their next thing

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Levisgirl

Thu, Jul 8

Hmmm, Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe 2 with MK brutality levels? God, that would be dope

Author avatar

Tommyhuntergun

Thu, Jul 8
ChoomNextDoor:

God, I wish they skipped Injustice and moved on to the next MK instead. I want a Kombat game, that would play more like MKX/MK9 in terms of pace and combo potential, instead of being all about zoning and projectiles

> More like MK9

> Less projectile fuckery

*Laughs in Kenshi*

Author avatar

ChoomNextDoor

Thu, Jul 8

God, I wish they skipped Injustice and moved on to the next MK instead. I want a Kombat game, that would play more like MKX/MK9 in terms of pace and combo potential, instead of being all about zoning and projectiles

Author avatar

tellmewhy

Thu, Jul 8
smellofnapalm:

I think everyone is bitching because MK11 was the most well-received MK since soft reboot in 2011. The roster is, arguably, one of the best in the series and people were not ready to let go of it. + think of all the people who were perfecting their mains, and now they'll have to move on. I don't want to let go of Jacqui, ngl

This is reason why I have recently been liking Tekken/SF approach more. In fact, I am beginning to think that releasing one game in the series per console generation and supporting it with paid expansions/DLC's is actually a good idea. In this way, you can sustain the player base and strengthen the community around the game, while maintaining profit

Author avatar

smellofnapalm

Thu, Jul 8
Frikandelbroodje:

Also, what's all the salt below is about? NRS has always followed 2 year cicle. MK9 (2011) - > Injustice (2013) -> MKX (2015) -> Injsutice 2 (2017) -> MK11 (2019) -> ??? (2021). Consider, that if this was consistent, we would already be playing their new game. Instead, MK11 received the best support ever since MK9: we got the best character roster, Ultimate edition and Aftermath DLC. It is only natural for them to be moving on

I think everyone is bitching because MK11 was the most well-received MK since soft reboot in 2011. The roster is, arguably, one of the best in the series and people were not ready to let go of it. + think of all the people who were perfecting their mains, and now they'll have to move on. I don't want to let go of Jacqui, ngl

Author avatar

Frikandelbroodje

Thu, Jul 8

Also, what's all the salt below is about? NRS has always followed 2 year cicle. MK9 (2011) - > Injustice (2013) -> MKX (2015) -> Injsutice 2 (2017) -> MK11 (2019) -> ??? (2021). Consider, that if this was consistent, we would already be playing their new game. Instead, MK11 received the best support ever since MK9: we got the best character roster, Ultimate edition and Aftermath DLC. It is only natural for them to be moving on

Author avatar

Frikandelbroodje

Thu, Jul 8

I'd bet they are making Injustice 3 rn. If the pattern is still the same, it's always MK/Injsutice games 

Author avatar

exinpain

Thu, Jul 8

We are not getting Reptile/Kenshi/Takeda

Kiryu Desk Slam Yakuza GIF - KiryuDeskSlam Kiryu Yakuza - Discover & Share  GIFs

Author avatar

readyornot

Thu, Jul 8

Now, there was a Putin meme I saw on r/Tekken, that goes with Tekken 7 (Putin), greeting NRS games (US presidents). Damn, I regret not saving it rn, becaus eit captures the situation perfectly

Author avatar

Podpivalka

Thu, Jul 8

Nice. Sweet "Fuck you" to all the fans who were hoping for the expanded roster, content and balanced patches. Classic NRS