What should I do as a beginner in tekken 7

Author avatar

PacoBelan

Thu, Jun 3

Should I pick a beginner friendly character or just anyone I think is cool? And how should I practice? Im new to fighting games so I'm wondering how do I start progressing and getting better.

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

solarcatfour

Wed, Jun 23

Blocking is essential, Before you attack your opponent, blocking is what you learn first. There are three types of attacks in the game — high, lows, and mids. You can block a high and mid-attack while standing and press the down button on D-pad to crouch and block low attacks. shareit vidmate apk

Author avatar

Bartholomeo

Wed, Jun 9
tradgamer:

> Bury the dude under 6 feet worth of homework

> "And don't forget to have fun!"

Mfw

Pepe

Lol, I'm having major college flashbacks from it

Author avatar

tradgamer

Wed, Jun 9
deedisdone:

That's a sound advice. I will add a thing or two for the OP from myself. Once you have tried the moves and characters in the training mode and fhad fun in versus against CPU, you might want to start doing some legwork. It may sound like a chore, but it's crucial if yiu want to compete

• Learn about frame data. It may seem complicated at first, but you'll get a hang of it. In the training mode, you already have data about how many frames does each move take to start, how long it lasts, and what advantage or disadvantage it has when blocked, whiffed, landed. Knowing these details will help you with developing strategies for the character of your choice. You can read about the frame data here, for example, and there are more good sources out there, I'm sure

• It would be easier if you picked one or two mains and read comprehensive guides for them, it would be easier to pick up strategies, learn about advantages and match-ups

• Look out for people to fight against, Discord communities and so on. There are people out there, some even posted on this forum

And don't forget to have fun, ofc. It's all pointless unless it's fun :)

> Bury the dude under 6 feet worth of homework

> "And don't forget to have fun!"

Mfw

Pepe

Author avatar

deedisdone

Wed, Jun 9
deltatfo:

That may sound cliche, but you have to follow your gut feeling in picking the character. Truth be told, Tekken 7 is not an easy or beginner-friendly game. There is no in-game tutorial, and story mode does nearly nothing to introduce actual useful skills to you. You'll have to go to the training mode, and practice basics. Try different hits, different moves. The best way is to try and fight the dummy with basic moves: punches and kicks in low/high/mid. The best outcome is to conceive winning strategies with the simplest of moves. Even if this won't work out for you, you'll be familiar with Tekken basics from there on. Then, you can start learning combos and move on to playing the game in versus mode with CPU

That's a sound advice. I will add a thing or two for the OP from myself. Once you have tried the moves and characters in the training mode and fhad fun in versus against CPU, you might want to start doing some legwork. It may sound like a chore, but it's crucial if yiu want to compete

• Learn about frame data. It may seem complicated at first, but you'll get a hang of it. In the training mode, you already have data about how many frames does each move take to start, how long it lasts, and what advantage or disadvantage it has when blocked, whiffed, landed. Knowing these details will help you with developing strategies for the character of your choice. You can read about the frame data here, for example, and there are more good sources out there, I'm sure

• It would be easier if you picked one or two mains and read comprehensive guides for them, it would be easier to pick up strategies, learn about advantages and match-ups

• Look out for people to fight against, Discord communities and so on. There are people out there, some even posted on this forum

And don't forget to have fun, ofc. It's all pointless unless it's fun :)

Author avatar

deltatfo

Wed, Jun 9

That may sound cliche, but you have to follow your gut feeling in picking the character. Truth be told, Tekken 7 is not an easy or beginner-friendly game. There is no in-game tutorial, and story mode does nearly nothing to introduce actual useful skills to you. You'll have to go to the training mode, and practice basics. Try different hits, different moves. The best way is to try and fight the dummy with basic moves: punches and kicks in low/high/mid. The best outcome is to conceive winning strategies with the simplest of moves. Even if this won't work out for you, you'll be familiar with Tekken basics from there on. Then, you can start learning combos and move on to playing the game in versus mode with CPU

Author avatar

SeraphinoRage

Wed, Jun 9
tellmewhy:

Yiu should definitely try Katarina! Her combos in T7 are easy to do, and she is also very viable in a competitive sense

Agreed, Katarina is cool for beginners. You can also try Claudio. I did so, it did wonders for me. He is easy-to-learn, hard-to-master type of character. You can pull off basic combos with ease, while playing him, but you'll need time to learn how  to do special and straburst-enhanced moves, and winning strategies ofc

Author avatar

tellmewhy

Wed, Jun 9

Yiu should definitely try Katarina! Her combos in T7 are easy to do, and she is also very viable in a competitive sense