How do I use Shao Kahn to his full potential

Author avatar

leatherman

Tue, Jul 20

I know it's easy to rant abouthow bad Emperor Kahn is, but let's give him a chance hear, shall we? One thing that makes me thirst after him following the recent buffs is how strong his combo game is. I really want to up my combo game with him properly, but have no idea where to start. Any ideas?

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Tommyhuntergun

Tue, Jul 20
leatherman:

Sweet, sweet. Do any of these have a Krushing blow? 

I used to get the crushing blow with this combo:  setup, (d, dL2) like they advised below, 2 in jump, 4 in standing, DB+3 (here is the sweet skull crushing), 1, 4, 1, BF+3, 4, DB+3 amplified. This one just takes the half of the health bar

That's A Lot Of Damage GIF - Damage ThatsALotOfDamage JonTron - Discover &  Share GIFs

Author avatar

Biggus_Floppus

Tue, Jul 20
leatherman:

Unfortunately, no. They are very damaging though

Author avatar

leatherman

Tue, Jul 20
Biggus_Floppus:

Okay, so start with f2, 1 - this will be the base for most of the best Kahn's combos. then you can go:

- bf3, > meter - f2, 1, bf3, meter -1, 2, db3 - this one is real ez and good for wall carry

- bf3, > meter - 2, 3, db1, meter, 2, 3, db1. Again, simple steps, repeat twice. This one will carry them to the wall, but will end up throwing them the other way. Careful with using against characters with strong wall play
bf3, > meter - 4, db1, meter - 4, db1

These begin with (d,dL2)and then can go like:

- 2, 1, db1, meter - 4, db1

- f2,1,bf3, meter - 2, 3, db1, meter - 4, db1

These are the ones I know and use frequently

Author avatar

DeadBeat

Tue, Jul 20

I was stealing 30%+ with the following: 

DD+1, bf+3 MB, J+2, 2, 3, DB+3, -> (hold), 1, DB+3

2,1, bf+3>MB - 1, 4, DB+1>MB - 1 DB+3

Author avatar

Biggus_Floppus

Tue, Jul 20

Okay, so start with f2, 1 - this will be the base for most of the best Kahn's combos. then you can go:

- bf3, > meter - f2, 1, bf3, meter -1, 2, db3 - this one is real ez and good for wall carry

- bf3, > meter - 2, 3, db1, meter, 2, 3, db1. Again, simple steps, repeat twice. This one will carry them to the wall, but will end up throwing them the other way. Careful with using against characters with strong wall play
bf3, > meter - 4, db1, meter - 4, db1

These begin with (d,dL2)and then can go like:

- 2, 1, db1, meter - 4, db1

- f2,1,bf3, meter - 2, 3, db1, meter - 4, db1

These are the ones I know and use frequently

Author avatar

rankordie

Tue, Jul 20
dimas_pivas:

To be honest, I don't think Kahn deserves all the bad rap he has been getting lately. On release - yes, they hyped him up as an exclusive preorder-only char, and he sucked. Now, however he can be pretty viable. Take Titaniutigerzzz, for example. He made it to the Top 8 with Kahn once and showed some great work, just check it out

Is that me or Kahn's standing 1 is actually good for corner game? The man just launches them near the corner and just presses X to hold them in the air

Author avatar

readyornot

Tue, Jul 20
dimas_pivas:

To be honest, I don't think Kahn deserves all the bad rap he has been getting lately. On release - yes, they hyped him up as an exclusive preorder-only char, and he sucked. Now, however he can be pretty viable. Take Titaniutigerzzz, for example. He made it to the Top 8 with Kahn once and showed some great work, just check it out

Dayum, that was a decent play overall loved his dive kick on Smoke's parry nice read

Author avatar

dimas_pivas

Tue, Jul 20