[T7] Finals and play-off

Author avatar

SeraphinoRage

Wed, Apr 7

This topic is for discussions of the finals and play-offs of Tekken 7 tournament

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Bartholomeo

Tue, Apr 13

@Tommyhuntergun, you're on spot about the reads. Remember the last game, when Honey's Akuma went for the launching Shoryuken-like thing, and Arslan just ducked it and punished with an uppercut? I can't even begin to imagine the mind game that was playing in there

Author avatar

Tommyhuntergun

Tue, Apr 13

@Outofthisworld, I agree, but don't forget Awais Honey! We saw him turning into a diamond under the Arslan's pressure. The comeback in game 5? Legendary. The way he strategize the use of Akuma meter? Brilliant. I believe Arslan overpowered him because of his hard reads and the fact that Zafina can space so fast, effectively getting out of the Akuma's range

Author avatar

Outofthisworld

Tue, Apr 13

Without doubt, Arslan Ash is the Machine. I expected a peak performance from him in the finals, but what we got just outdid any expectations. Like, 4 consecutive wins, seriously? The reads, the conversions, the SPACING my god. The way he played Zafina in the finals seemed both calculated and instinctual at the same time. Legend

Author avatar

Tommyhuntergun

Tue, Apr 13

@ErenDidNothingWrong, he still got his final moment of glory in the last game, when he finished with rage art, ngl

Author avatar

ErenDidNothingWrong

Tue, Apr 13

@Tommyhuntergun, I double you. Awais Honey played like a beast. Even though Saint had his first game done good, he was conditioned in the end and a bit demoralized, maybe? Too many waisted opportunities to confirm wall carries, to many unpunished whiffs, it almost feels like he got lost

Author avatar

Tommyhuntergun

Tue, Apr 13

Awais just took it away from Saint in lower brackets. Every single game after the first one, he was reading him so accurately and just punishing, punishing, punishing

Author avatar

deedisdone

Tue, Apr 13

How in the world is GG SAINT vs Awais match such a treat? It was only round 2 of the first game and Awais just casually launches SAINT into a HEALTHBAR-WORTH juggle. And SAINT retaliates, he comes back after that shit and wins the round with rage art, wtf

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Mon, Apr 12

Okay, so Arslan Ash x JDCR is pure gold and sweat. This is the first match of this Tekken tournament that has this true "top of the top" for me. JDCR just sweated Arslan and forced him to use everything that Zafina can offer. It insane table turns, lots of suspense with powerful releases and lots of adaptation. The wall carries from JDCR that oppressed Arslan were amazing. Arslan poking JDCR's strong defense was amazing. Consistency of combos and overall performance was one of a kind. Jesus, what a sight

Author avatar

Tempsestbon

Mon, Apr 12

Someone has to comment on JDCR, he is just incredible. The man of patience and impeccable defense. The match with Caiper in the quarterfinals was painfully dense with all the back and forth dynamics. Never expected these players to switch on being so strongly defensive/offensive in the beginning and in the end. Like, JDCR started with pure tanking and ended up playing more careful than anyone in the whole tournament. What an athlete

Author avatar

ErenDidNothingWrong

Mon, Apr 12

@tradgamer, well said. I also like how Akuma as a character is so consistently good in every game he appears

Author avatar

tradgamer

Mon, Apr 12

Awais with Akuma is just a treat of this whole tournament. His oppressive play is just something and he just makes the best conversions

Author avatar

Bartholomeo

Mon, Apr 12

@vaporknight, the thing love about Arslan is how he makes Zafina shine.  Damn, I simp for her but in all fairness she is one of the best characters in Tekken. Her moves are absolutely unique, and she her mobility is godlike. For a game like Tekken where spacing is a big deal she really does make for spectacular fights. Arslan does give them plenty 

Author avatar

vaporknight

Mon, Apr 12

The Fergus x Arslan Ash match was such a great beginning to the quarterfinals, my god. Fergus looked quite unsure and sloppy in the beginning, but his adaptation over the course of the game was really something. At this level you really can feel the stakes and pressure in how careful and calculative players become. Arslan is unmatched ofc, that conversion from 1+2 into the full combo and a follow up with a slide were sublime