[SCVI] Grand Finals Discussion

Author avatar

Blanc_Noir

Tue, Apr 6

WUFL has made to SOULCALIBUR finals! Share your thoughts on the final match between Skyll and Woaahhzz. Feel free to talk about their performance and general impressions about the tournament here

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Wed, Apr 7

@BestsisterSora, you just took the words out of my mouth. I will add a thing - at some point Woahhzz started reminding me of Daigo in SFV. It was the moment in game 2 of Finals, when he completely gave a first round to Skyll, playing nothing but defense, and then it took him one good opening to almost null his health. That's a play of the highest tier, no more, no less

Author avatar

BestsisterSora

Wed, Apr 7

The best thing about Woahhzz imo is how steadily he made it to the top. Players like Skyll and Party Wolf got a lot of flashy and tense matches, where they were very dominant. Woahhzz was relatively lame in play-offs, but very persistent and patient with his spacing and punish game. It paid off so well in the end

Author avatar

Lupus_dei

Tue, Apr 6

It is kind of refreshing to see top tier players using mid-tier characters in grand finals. It's so cool to watch them pull insane moves and know that those are pure skill and not an obvious character strength

Author avatar

motherofchinchilla

Tue, Apr 6

@KlaasjeVanOranje, you know, what rocks the most? He managed to pull it out with Setsuka, and she is a complete nightmare to play with in SCVI

Author avatar

KlaasjeVanOranje

Tue, Apr 6

I am genuinely surprised with how well Woahhzz adapted to Skyll's aggressiveness and managed to take the initiative from the get-go. I don't remember him playing this pushy in previous matches