[MK11] Tournament fatality appreciation post

Author avatar

GETZOOKD

Tue, Mar 23

I just LOVE IT when ranked players go for fatality. A certain amount of flex is not only fine but necessary in any 1v1 competitive. It delivers the zest, the shivers and can work as a statement. It is a way to poke your opponent off-screen and practically say '"I'll be on top today". Ofc, all is good in healthy proportions, so it is fun and not spiteful or childish even

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

DaddyDo

Wed, Mar 24

@readyornot, the goofing is what sells on-set fatalities it to me. It makes ranked players so much more relatable - makes you remember that they did start like us. Also, is it wrong to enjoy seeing how professional players have fun? I only wish they did more Mercy or Friendship in competitions

Author avatar

readyornot

Wed, Mar 24

@GETZOOKD, I don't personally enjoy the way it goes in UFC or boxing scene. I do personally believe that healthy competition shies away from excesses. Don't get me wrong - it is always fun to goof with drunk friends when playing MK but it just feels off in the ranked tournament

Author avatar

GETZOOKD

Wed, Mar 24

@readyornot, what is even the standard of a sports discipline? Please, elaborate. Boxers and mixed fighters flex on one another at every damn opportunity, off-ring and off-site. Does that make boxing or UFC less fun? Hell no, it only makes it better without taking anything from the competition

Author avatar

readyornot

Wed, Mar 24

Can not relate. If MK is a sport discipline, it should be held to the standard of a sports discipline. If you took the opponent over, it is enough. Don't make a farce out of it

Author avatar

sweetestfrayer

Wed, Mar 24

I  double this gentleman's post. ++ Just watch this.  It's all about how much fun they are having