The most broken character in Smash ever

Author avatar

KamuiSlayer

Sat, Jun 5

Suuup :) Just landed here, and it seems like no category for Smash bros whatsoever. A bit sad, but hey, let's make the best with what we have here. 

So who's the most OP mofo to ever enter Smash in your opinion? 

I say, Marth from Melee. Every time I played with friends, we just agreed that we'll ban Marth right away, because he was just.. perfect. For everything. 

Great speed? Check. Insurmountable defense? He's got ya. Confirm into the crazy combo from a wild range? Gosh, that was driving me mad. 

Anyways, share yours in the comments :)

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Zodiak

Mon, Jun 7

Dude, I aprreciate the thread and all, but here's an actual forum category for Smash, idk how you overlook it :D

Author avatar

KamuiSlayer

Sat, Jun 5
getinthegamerchairshinji:

Okay, then long story short: she was so goddamn broken in Smash 4, she almost broke the game, the community and Smash tournaments. 

Time distortion mechanic from her original game? It was there and gave out easy, safe combos. Ah, yes, she could also annihilate your health bar in one combo. Final Smash was a beast and she could just send you of the stage in mere seconds. In the end, tournaments were overrun by Bayonetta, cuz no one could counter her. At all. No amount of nerfs could undo it - she was simply mechanically superior to everyone else. Everyone hated her, but pros still played her, so commmunity started hating on them. Couldn't get worse than this, you think. 

Wrong. Just watch this.  This is history, my dude. Just two friends, toying, completely breaking Evo Grand Finals with Bayo, because at this point they stopped taking it seriously. Can't make it up

Oooooohhhh, maaaaan. Okay, I'm taking my words about Marth back. I'm actually happy I didn't get to play Smash 4 and face her in it. Man, that Evo finale timestamp is just...wow.

With this being said and shown, is there anyhting that gets even more broken in Smash, ever?

Author avatar

getinthegamerchairshinji

Sat, Jun 5
KamuiSlayer:

I only played Melee and Ultimate, and Bayo is very reasonable in the latter

Okay, then long story short: she was so goddamn broken in Smash 4, she almost broke the game, the community and Smash tournaments. 

Time distortion mechanic from her original game? It was there and gave out easy, safe combos. Ah, yes, she could also annihilate your health bar in one combo. Final Smash was a beast and she could just send you of the stage in mere seconds. In the end, tournaments were overrun by Bayonetta, cuz no one could counter her. At all. No amount of nerfs could undo it - she was simply mechanically superior to everyone else. Everyone hated her, but pros still played her, so commmunity started hating on them. Couldn't get worse than this, you think. 

Wrong. Just watch this.  This is history, my dude. Just two friends, toying, completely breaking Evo Grand Finals with Bayo, because at this point they stopped taking it seriously. Can't make it up

Author avatar

KamuiSlayer

Sat, Jun 5
rararasputin:

Been a while since you were in Smash, innit?

I only played Melee and Ultimate, and Bayo is very reasonable in the latter

Author avatar

rararasputin

Sat, Jun 5
KamuiSlayer:

Boy, that's new to me, haha

Been a while since you were in Smash, innit?

Author avatar

KamuiSlayer

Sat, Jun 5
rararasputin:

Definitely Bayonetta

Boy, that's new to me, haha

Author avatar

rararasputin

Sat, Jun 5

Definitely Bayonetta

Author avatar

komsussertott