Picking a main in Soul Calibur VI

Author avatar

NeverGonnaGiveYouUp

Tue, Jun 15

So I just rolled into SCVI, and I am struggling with how to proceed with this game. I want to get good fast, so I am planning on picking the main early on and dedicating my free time to learning them. How do I do that? Should I pick someone who appeals to me visually, or maybe there are some specific beginner-friendly characters? Pls help

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

KamuiSlayer

Tue, Jun 15
KanedaRider:

You may like Maxi then. He is solid rushdown, great for overwhelming opponents with pressure. Pretty flashy chap as well

I wouldn't advice picking Maxi. He is quite complex for beginners, because of the stances and their switching. OP should try Groh, I believe. He is very intuitive, and stands on a firm middle ground between rushdown/mixup styles

Author avatar

KanedaRider

Tue, Jun 15
NeverGonnaGiveYouUp:

I mained Geese in Tekken 7

You may like Maxi then. He is solid rushdown, great for overwhelming opponents with pressure. Pretty flashy chap as well

Author avatar

NeverGonnaGiveYouUp

Tue, Jun 15
KanedaRider:

Maybe it's because both Mistsurigi and Geralt are considered "balanced". They have a variety of tools for different situations, and it's harder to counterpick against them, but they do not really excel in anything. They are good for getting a hang of the game, tho

Did you play FG before? If yes, who were your mains? 

I mained Geese in Tekken 7

Author avatar

KanedaRider

Tue, Jun 15
NeverGonnaGiveYouUp:

I've already tried already tried Geralt and Misturugi. I like the gameplay so far, but I'm not so sure how I feel about them :/

Maybe it's because both Mistsurigi and Geralt are considered "balanced". They have a variety of tools for different situations, and it's harder to counterpick against them, but they do not really excel in anything. They are good for getting a hang of the game, tho

Did you play FG before? If yes, who were your mains? 

Author avatar

NeverGonnaGiveYouUp

Tue, Jun 15
OldGriff:

Why such a rush? Try out different characters in the versus mode against CPU, see who you like more. No one can inform you on the decision better than yourself. At least, get to the tutorial and see what works out for you

I've already tried already tried Geralt and Misturugi. I like the gameplay so far, but I'm not so sure how I feel about them :/

Author avatar

OldGriff

Tue, Jun 15

Why such a rush? Try out different characters in the versus mode against CPU, see who you like more. No one can inform you on the decision better than yourself. At least, get to the tutorial and see what works out for you