Best settings for the original fighting game

Author avatar

Kavaicheg

Sun, Jun 13

So I had a certain excess of free time recently, and it just came to my head: I really, really want to see a Final Fantasy - based fighting game. Just thinking about the diversity of characters from different worlds of FF, makes me excited as hell. Also, it may be the facts that Noctis turned out pretty well in Tekken 7, and Sephiroth is regular in Smash ,which pushed me towards this idea. In any case, a Soul Calibur-esque FF fighting game would just scratch that itch for me

Comments

Author avatar
Share your thoughts
Author avatar

Gotoge_shintaro

Sun, Jun 13
Daigoisgod:

Man, I just looked at them panels of this manga, and I think I had a minor orgasm. Would you recommend reading it?

Leviusest Instagram posts - Gramho.com

Art is godlike, visual storytelling is supreme. As for the story itself, well... It's underwhelming to my taste. Feels like wasted potential

Author avatar

Daigoisgod

Sun, Jun 13
Gotoge_shintaro:

Thank you for pointing this out. It seems to me like there isn't enough original settings for fighting games. Most of the time, great games just have the worst god-awful settings (yes, Tekken, I'm looking at you). I would love to see a fighting game in the steam punk setting, something more like in manga series  "Levius". It is a story about a prodigy fighter, competing in a brutal steam-powered MMA. The setting is just a mine for fighting game adaptations

Man, I just looked at them panels of this manga, and I think I had a minor orgasm. Would you recommend reading it?

Leviusest Instagram posts - Gramho.com

Author avatar

Blanc_Noir

Sun, Jun 13
Gotoge_shintaro:

Thank you for pointing this out. It seems to me like there isn't enough original settings for fighting games. Most of the time, great games just have the worst god-awful settings (yes, Tekken, I'm looking at you). I would love to see a fighting game in the steam punk setting, something more like in manga series  "Levius". It is a story about a prodigy fighter, competing in a brutal steam-powered MMA. The setting is just a mine for fighting game adaptations

If you are looking for the fighting games with original and bold settings, I dare you try Blaz Blue. It's a bit of a clusterfuck, but fun as hell!

Author avatar

Gotoge_shintaro

Sun, Jun 13

Author avatar

JacktheArchitect

Sun, Jun 13
DaddyDo:

Now I'm imagining kicking Sephiroth's ass, when playing as Aeris

Invest Button | Know Your Meme

That shit would be legendary. I double this

Author avatar

DaddyDo

Sun, Jun 13

Now I'm imagining kicking Sephiroth's ass, when playing as Aeris

Invest Button | Know Your Meme